Monday, September 15, 2014

Meet the "New" Suicide Squad of the DC reboot, same as the old Suicide Squad of the DC reboot



The following videos are from what I think are the best comic book reviewers on Youtube. I like how they do everything from how they display the clip to the snarky sarcasm and how they always keep their reviews on point and with the right running time. As far as I'm concerned despite factors like Black Manta, Deathstroke and Deadshot actually looking like Floyd Lawton and not like Rick Flag for a change this 2nd volume of DC's rebooted Squad basically looks like more of the same to me.
I can only speculate why DC felt like they needed to rebrand this title but it ain't gonna get me to spend my money any more then the last one did after I dropped the book. And why is Captain Boomerang absent from the line up again? It was a case of too little too late when they finally had him come back to the team in the last series but at least it was one of those rare occasions in which the writers did something that did justice to the Squad.

15 comments:

  1. It's all about the money. I guess maybe they thought if they put out a new #1 it would distract from the fact that the previous sucked melted donkey balls. Meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly.
    Oh, didn't know if you already knew this, but they cast Captain Boomerang in Arrow:
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55574

    He looks like a pretty good casting choice. I just hope they keep him as an Aussie, and write/portray him as faithfully as possible like our favorite Bummerbutt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well when it looks like Boomerang will actually appear on the show (and i ain't talkin about some 2 minute clip at the end of an episode) let me know i'll have a look at it. you know that show to me is like what Frank Miller is to you : )

      Delete
  3. Will do man. I'm cautiously optimistic about the show's portrayal of ol' Digger, so we'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Meh... I'll stick to Futures End, and Justice League 3000... The ONLY Nu52DC books that are worth a damn right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. never even heard of those titles I'm so out of the loop when it comes to new books these days.

      Delete
    2. They're fucking awesome! -Because they both take place in the future- the horrible reboot does not matter. They're alternate future stories, untethered by the current crap mandate that is DC these days...
      Oh, yeah- Multiversity, and Sandman are really good too!

      Delete
  5. I'm hearing a mixed bag on Future's End, specifically that the "futures" might not even come true, unlike what Marvel's doing by jumping ahead 8 months, but with lasting results. We'll see if Future's End gets undone, or if the effects are here to stay.
    Haven't followed JL3000, but I'm curious to see how the return of Ted Kord and Booster works out. Just wish it was for real, and the lovable screw-ups that they are/were, could bring back the PreNU52 universe for realz.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i'll take a pass on all that stuff just the same.

      Delete
    2. I like Futures End. It's a real fun 'Days of Future Past' type read. I don't care if it doesn't come true or not because- fuck it; it's the Nu52! Who cares about that current continuity or where it's heading- honestly... unless it's heading back to the status quo.
      You should check out JL3000, Dale- it's insane fun!

      Delete
  6. This book cannot be cancelled fast enough.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey there its Joel from the ComicBookCast thanks for all the nice words about the review :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello and seeing that you're one of the biggest fans of the Suicide Squad team, how was the 2001 Suicide Squad series written by Keith Giffen?

    The reason why I'm asking you this is because I have been reading the older Suicide Squad series by John Ostrander after reading the New 52 series and watching Batman: Assault on Arkham and I was wondering if you could tell me if the 2001 series was any good or not.

    Not only that but I also noticed that a lot of people including fans of the team don't talk about the 2001 series.

    ReplyDelete