Sunday, November 21, 2010

Members of the Squad drawn together part 2

It's funny how it always takes me longer to draft something then it does to color it. You can enlarge this one also by left clicking on it to get a better look. I'm really happy about the community that seems to be forming here and I really enjoy finding new ways of making the members have more of a personable experience here. I'm not sure yet but this may be the last posting for November since I'd like to have some drafts ready to go for December. But you never know, especially lately it seems when I'm just about plum out of ideas something just seems to come up and presto, there's another posting.
One other thing for those of you who who may be a bit surprised about why I had so much apprehension for starting this blog. Dan ran survey for a week on IADW asking about who would like to see a Suicide Squad blog. By the time that week was up only 7 people had replied (counting myself) with at least one person voting something to the effect that they didn't give a shit about the Suicide Squad. I ran a posting on my other blog about it and only got a few responses. So not the most encouraging signs for sure but never the less I woke up one day and said f@#% it I'd rather just do it and see what happens rather then keep wondering if I should. This is the same attitude I have when it comes to asking women out. I don't know if it's a confidence thing or what but you just get to a point in your life where you rather face rejection as opposed to not ever knowing what could have been. We all love Marvel's What If issues but in the real world that shit'll drive you crazy. Sometimes a little bit of chutzpah goes a long way.

12 comments:

  1. almost as good as the tattoo chick in the R2-D2 one peace bikini on once upon a geek (see blog roll everybody). i was just looking at that posting again actually. none of the models in my figure drawing classes back in the day looked like her! anyways, thanks Craig for the compliment and for having my back on that posting :) it was a simple one sentence line but it still just cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can never make watercolour do what I want. To impatient lol

    Really cool job on the squad, BT could still take 'em all though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cool! They are very well done and immediately recognizable.
    Are those water colors? I didn’t notice right away.
    Actually, only when Dan wrote about it.

    I'm glad you kept going on starting the blog.
    I wouldn't even know you wanted to start it, if you hadn't. I didn't participate on the survey.

    Also, don't give up on asking women out. Among all those San Franciscan Women, there will be one just right for you.

    She’s looking for you at the just same time that you’re looking for her.
    I’m a romantic. Sue me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes indeed my dear, those are water colors. thank you for the kind words Aliera but that whole thing about the women is just one of the many things i can't stand about living here these days. by the way i like it now that your using a profile picture. the blue guy sitting in the chair, is that some version of Capt. Boomerang? if i was your husband i'd get you a real boomerang for X-Mass. even though i don't celebrate X-Mass, but that's beside the point. although that just shows what a great husband i would be for a comic book/sci-fi geek wife.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dan I could never work with watercolor either, and watercolor markers? Forget it. I stick with colored pencil.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my. Gorgeous. I am in awe again great one. I love a good watercolor. And I'm supremely happy that you kept up with the idea for the SS blog. I've learned a lot from it. And I love all the guys and gals here.

    Yeah, Cderosby, I always stick with the colored pencil or the oil pastels myself. Easier to control and less chance of spilling.

    ReplyDelete
  7. for a long time i first worked with charcoal, then i moved on to pastels/coloring pencils and shortly there after i also started working in oils. water colors was actually the last medium i got into but it soon became my medium of choice most of the time. coloring markers and pens is the thing i've worked the least in for some reason. art is like cooking or sex when it comes to method. most of the time you don't know why, but you just eventually learn to do it the way that works for you and makes you happy. and we all like to be happy right? now as it turns out i don't know how to cook. as far as sex goes rather i know what i'm doing or not depends all on who you ask ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. speak of the devil! The Martian Manhunter blog site just posted one of my earliest works which is a 1996 oil painting of the Martian Manhunter J'onn J'onzz himself.

    http://idol-head.blogspot.com/2010/11/1996-martian-manhunter-oil-painting-by.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job on MM, doesn't even look like oils.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great job with the colors, thanks for this blog man and....BT could take em all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. your very welcome OA. i agree with about BT but i think Rick Flag could give em a run for his money.

    ReplyDelete