Friday, August 26, 2022

Suicide Squad fan art from 2010




 I dug this up last night and even though I supposedly stopped posting on this blog site back in September of 2018 I'm gonna post this anyway just because. The original art actually included Rick Flag, Amanda Waller, Captain Boomerang and Night Shade in what was group portrait. But I was never happy with the way the rest of the team came out so I cropped it to the portion that only has Deadshot, Count Vertigo and Bronze Tiger.
Just for the record I still hate DC's reboot of Task Force X as I do both live action films. For me The Suicide Squad will be forever be The John Ostrander series of the late 80s to early 90s. I was thinking about how one of the earliest Squad missions back in the original series (issues 5-7) was a hostage rescue operation in russia otherwise then known as the soviet union. With everything going on these days between putin's (may you burn in Hell) invasion of Ukraine and Britney Griner being held as a political hostage I can appreciate those old issues more then ever now. We sure could use a Task Force X about now.



No comments:

Post a Comment