Monday, May 7, 2012

Checkmate posting continued with more cool shit . . .

I took a look at some clip art online of the cancelled Omac series. I know this will probably upset some of you but I wasn't diggin what I saw. That "Jack Kirby-ish" art style really did not suite the Checkmate narrative for me. It makes me glad the OMAC title got cancelled since that hopefully means we'll be seeing Checkmate in some other titles like the Suicide Squad or Justice League International where the art work will loo more like it did during the Rucka run in Volume 2 of the old DCU. So moving on . . .

first up we have some cosplay of the Black Queen (Sasha Bordeaux) and the White Queen who is non other than Amanda Waller. Well done ladies you're a credit to the organization! As far as the whole Checkmate vs. S.H.E.I.L.D thing goes aside from Fury and Waller I think seeing how Sasha Bordeaux would fair against Maria Hill would be pretty awesome too.

Here's some cool fan art of the Black Queen and China's August General "In Irons" who was assigned to Checkmate while it was a United Nations charter. Too bad this wasn't the case in the real world if it were so the U.N. might actually be good for something as opposed to being a largely impotent organization that's used as a social plat form for tyrants to go on endless public rants.

And last (but hopefully not least?) I whipped this up in photoshop from and awesome Sasha Bordeaux rendering I used a few postings ago. It just so happens that art style is very similar to the style used in one of my all time favorite cartoons Young Justice. This sort of cross over would be the next best thing to The Suicide Squad appearing in Young Justice.

One last thing, the Suicide Squad has appeared on the re-cornered blog for the 1st time!
 http://corneredblog.blogspot.com/2012/05/david-holsey-corners-suicide-squad.html

6 comments:

  1. I love the Sasha Bordeaux cosplay!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yep, i spent a good part of my evening yesterday trolling around the internet to find Checkmate fandom images. plus, now you know Checkmate is most definitely part of the new DCU. rumor has it we'll see them again (since OMAC cancellation)the next issue of Justice League International. thanks for the comments.

      Delete
  2. I see your kinda diggin Sasha these days. She is something serious right?

    Young Justice is the new Justice League Unlimited but what are they doing with the show right now? They jumped five years into the future.?.? And the league is getting to prominent in the show, not to mention crowded with members. A cameo or two is cool but I thought the show was about Aqualad, kid flash, Robin, Ms Martian, Artemis and Super Boy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah the jump ahead is a bit jarring but it's also allowing for some interesting narratives too and i happen to be an Adam Strange fan. i thought the scene in last weekend's episode where Superboy was telling Alana about his break up with Ms. Martian was great. did you notice anything unusual about the action figures in this posting?

      Delete
    2. Yeah man i saw it off top. When I took the crew to universal studios I could be the Terminator now I can be a checkmate knight or the Black King himself hope you don't charge 20 dollars.

      Delete
  3. That Amanda Waller cosplay is AMAZING!
    Never like a cosplay costume better!

    ReplyDelete