Monday, June 22, 2015

Suicide Squad Convergence, worth the read if . . .


 . . you find it for free on youtube which I happened to by chance last night. I had no idea what this whole convergence shit with DC was but based on these two issues I guess it has to do with some sort of old and new DCU cross over. So we do get to see some of the classic Squad but it's pretty scant on development. They did a descent job on the plus size Waller but we get far too little of old DCU Bronze Tiger, Poison Ivy and Count Vertigo. Bronze Tiger gets one line and Vertigo doesn't say a thing in either issues. Too much of the writing was spent on DC characters they already use frequently in the new DCU in particular Deathstroke and Deadshot. Kinda mediocre art work for both issues. Nice try DC but I'm still not spending any of my hard earned income on your new comics.

Convergence Suicide Squad 1 and 2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9pAVucJnAU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IY387p2T89o

5 comments:

  1. I only bought the first issue, and it was bad. Not NU52 bad, but pretty close. Which is weird since I really do like the roster Tieri used, its' just that his writing has ALOT to be desired. The sencond issue was just as bad, with a very flat ending....other than Walller finally being in the "suicide" position for a change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah like i said in the posting the members from the Ostrander era Squad were really under used so really those two issues were still more geared toward current DC readers and not to the old school crowd like me who've they've lost.
      the videos on youtube are all the scanned in panels from both issues presented as a slide show and in general were pretty easy to read from some sort of "e-comic" stand point. for that these were ok to read but no where near worth spending my money on and having them take up space in my Suicide Squad (+tie-ins) comic collection at home. it's still Nu52 free and i still have no reason to change that policy.

      Delete
  2. I see everything is still the same in the dcu. between the train wreck of the new book and Arrow basically stealing the Bronze Tiger, Batman storyline I'm out as well Shlomo.

    But anyway what's up Dale what's up Shlomo. What's the business, what's been going on?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. well how about that someone finally let the Tiger out of the cage. sorry about the late reply I don't check in here that often there's not much to talk about when it comes to The Suicide Squad.

      Delete
  3. Yeah I know man but Vixen is getting her own little animated mini series. That might be something fresh and new. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete