Sunday, April 10, 2011

Checkmate#4 awesome splash page & why I'm writing in Amanda Waller on my 2012 presidential ballot

I just recently found Checkmate #3 and #4. I wish I could have found them in a dollar bin but I had to brake down and buy them at the full cover price + back issues. I already had # 1 (which I had found a little while ago for only .50) and #2 and I was really digging it so it was worth it to me to dole out the extra cash to see how the story line continued to unfold. It was a really great read! The plot line for those first few Checkmate issues (Vol.) basically had to do with Kobra having infiltrated China's meta human program and Checkmate being sent to their in order to expose the security breach. But Checkmate didn't really do it so much for China's benefit as opposed to it's own. Ya see in the first issue China tried to push through a U.N. resolution to have Checkmate dissolved. The Kobra mission was more about getting leverage on China in order to make them . . "reexamine" their U.N. vote. And of course their was the side benefit of foiling Kobra's latest scheme. That's what I loved about the writing in this book was the politics. It really did reflect how things work in the real world minus the super powered agents. I really think some kind of Checkmate vs. S.H.I.E.L.D would be so sweet!

I think Barak Obama means well. But I also think it's pretty clear to every one by now regardless of what end of the political spectrum you are on or what skin color you are that he just doesn't have what it takes to get things done rather it comes to our foreign or domestic policies. He could learn a thing or two from the White Queen. Now that's change I can believe in, plus Amanda Waller is a black woman which means she's got both Obama and Hillary beat on the PC angle.

6 comments:

  1. I think a S.H.I.E.L.D. Checkmate crossover would be great too.
    Indeed, I don't know who copied from whom, but stories and uniforms, aren't that diferent.
    It could be a S.H.I.E.L.D.mate universe with Nick Fury and Waller side by side. Now He could stand up to Amanda.
    Sheesh, the only man that could is in another universe :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey Aliera, welcome back. i'm glad you enjoyed my latest posting. i'm not so sure how well Waller and Fury would get along. we're talking about some pretty strong personalities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They don't have to get along to get the job done. I think that would make for an amazing book. Maybe a miniseries if both groups would allow it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeaaah...it'd be more like each one trying to out-spy the other. They might respect one another. But they'd never let the other one know it. Or let anyone else know it either. I'd like to think secretly they'd meet for a cup of coffee once a year, and maybe play practical jokes on each other the rest of the time. Like plant false information, and have them show up only to have something truly silly happen. Make them look like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's kinda ironic when you think about the enemies of both Checkmate and S.H.I.E.L.D. among the worst both have enemies modeled after some kind of serpent/snake kinda thing, Hydra and Kobra.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah.
    They really have many similarities, the all cult thing of their enemies is another one.

    ReplyDelete