Wednesday, January 1, 2014

A new year with probably the same ol shit

I was at my local comic shop a few days before new year when I noticed a #1 issue for Harley Quinn. That's odd, I thought she already had her own book perhaps you've heard of  it's called "The Suicide Squad". Like I said, that's what it's being called at any rate.
Now over to The Suicide Squad that I know, this clip art of the antagonistic exchange between Rick Flag and Captain Boomerang comes from the only annual surprisingly the original series ever had. The cynical nature of it accurately reflects my feelings about what we probably have to look forward to in 2014 when it comes to all things DC. 
I was watching a Youtube clip of "Bronze Tiger" and "Roy Harper" and I've at least seen some images of  "Amanda Waller" on Arrow. Some body get me an air sickness bag please! Well DC I've got "you're ace up the hole" right here and the same goes to cartoon network. But what I don't have is any money, time or patience when it comes to your TV shows or your new books. Oh, I almost forgot to throw in the obligatory Happy New Year slogan into this posting.

This is The Suicide Squad, accept no substitute

7 comments:

  1. Ha! Happy New Year to you too, pal. Keep on keeping it real.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you too Jay. mine kinda had a glitch to it but hopefully it'll smooth out soon.

      Delete
  2. It'll be alright buddy, cheer up and drink some Manischewitz:) Hey the DC front is a massive disappointment to us all, especially since they're heading out west. Again, that's why me and Dan pimp the indie companies like Valiant and Image. They're just firing on all cyclinders and offer a very much needed alternative to the same old, same old over at the "Distinguished Competiton".

    Arrow's really not that bad man. I'm finding more and more fans of the show, and if they develop an interest into the Squad, and finding out more about it and its rich history, I say go for it.

    Cheer up and Happy New Year;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. it's all good, the glitch is well on it's way to getting fixed. I still don't like Arrow though. to me it's like Twilight vs real vampire lore movies.

      Delete
    2. WoW, comparing it to Twilight, now that's a dis. I got to agree with Jay. Shlomo you have kept it consistently real. Stick to your guns my friend. It reminds me (even though I try to be so optimistic) to do the same.

      I read an interview on why the cartoon network got rid of Young Justice. The ratings were high, off the charts high and the fan base is deep. But they don't want us or girls to be the base. They want boys that are into fart jokes and buy the toys. They don't feel like they can get paid off girls, teens and adult watchers. Kevin Smith disagrees in the interview to no avail. His words fell on deaf ears just like the words of the fans.

      Accept No Substitute.

      Delete
    3. yeah i stick to my guns here. specifically my wrist magnums. by the way Tiger speaking of guns i posted some newly found Sabra fan art on the Rom blog.

      Delete
  3. Hey Dave! Happy New Year to you too mr! Like Dale says mr - there's heaps of great comics out there at the moment. It sucks DC fans have to swim for other shores, but with Judge Dredd at IDW, the Suicide Squad-ish H.A.R.D.Corps at Valiant, and X-O Manowar taking the traditional homelands of his people by force in Europe, then flicking the rest of the world the bird, there's plenty of sweet choices.

    I'm actually doing some classic Squad stuff on my site next week. Hopefully that will make ya smile.

    ReplyDelete